Thursday, May 26, 2011

Decorate a Goodie Jar

Hello Everyone!
This week I made another gift for my kids teachers (just the main 3 - no speciality teachers this time). I purchased the jars from Walmart and decorated them with the teachers' favorite color and will fill them with their favorite snack.

Supplies Needed:
Jar (a flat edged jar works best)
Paper: I used Pink Passion by StampinUP and Pink Glitter by DCWV
Adhesive: The stronger the better. I used my ATG 714 tape gun. Also used Xyron sticker maker.
Embellishments: Flowers from Michael's $1 bin. Keep in mind, any embellishment will do.
Cricut Cartridge: Mini Monograms
Pop Dots: StampinUP
Ribbon: StampinUP Rose

I cut the rounded corner squares with my Cricut Expression (my Cricut Expression 2 should be here next week!!!). I cut two squares in Pink Passion and two squares in Pink Glitter, all at 2.5 inches. After covering the square with a lots of adhesive, I place it on the jar. My jar had a square on each side with a raised edge, which the 2.5 inch cut out fit perfectly. I alternated the Pink Passion and Pink Glitter on the sides.


I attached the flowers and gem with pop dots. 

On the lid I cut a circle at 3.5 inches and another one at 3 inches.  I layered the plain paper and glitter paper.  Again, attached the flower and gem with pop dots. Using my Xyron sticker maker, I attached the ribbon around the lid edge. All done!


This jar will be filled with white cheddar popcorn, the teacher's favorite snack!


1 comment:

  1. Awesome project! Teachers deserve great gifts like this (I am a teacher, so I might be a bit biased!)

    ReplyDelete